Saturday 19 February 2011

Landed Gentry

The big news this time is that I have moved out of my parents' house and have a flat with a colleague from work. This is the first time I've lived outside of a parental influence (read: beady eye) aside from being at university, and although the independence is pretty great it's costing a little more than I guesstimated when the idea was suggested to me. I'm holding up alright though, at least well enough to survive until March when we go back to summer hours at work; and in April I'll be going back to a 5 day contract, having volunteered in the Archives for a full year. All of which means I'll hopefully have a bit more cash and things will be easier.

Some photos of the flat. None of mine or Ed's rooms, that doesn't need to go on the internet...


I'm getting closer to the Archives MA, the letter regarding my interview (or not) has arrived, albeit it at the wrong address. I'll need to get hold of UCL to tell them I've moved.

Not much else happening with me at the moment, other than I've rediscovered Taken and am watching through it with Ed. Also that I've finally gotten around to reading Isaac Asimov's Foundation series. They're probably his best known books after his Robots stories, so I don't know why it's taken me so long, but I'm there now. Currently reading 'Foundation and Empire', the second book in the series. It's going very well so far!

Hope you're all enjoying yourselves, I'll let you know when something happens.


Blogged to the sound of 'At War With The Mystics', The Flaming Lips

2 comments:

  1. You can so tell that no women live there...!
    I really like your kitchen though.

    Have you not read the letter from UCL yet then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good kitchen. If only it had a freezer.

    I have read it now, it was just another confirmation that they had my application and it was being considered. No clue as to when I might hear about an interview.

    ReplyDelete